Friday, January 6, 2012

Improvement

Packaging! Packaging! Packaging! 

Over the years my packaging has changed so much. I feel that it is slowly improving but there is definitely a lot more that can be done until it is just right. Below you will see how the banana and coconut body butter labels have changed over time. I like the current font but in the future I would like to add more colors. I feel that the labels look a little boring and could use some more design to them.


 Here are a few examples of the way my soaps are currently packaged. Although they are different you can see from the photos that I use a circle label on each of them. Soaps either come packaged in clear bags that are tied with a matching ribbon, shrink wrapped, or placed in various different designed printed bags. I really like the soaps that have an additional hand stamped label that goes along with the item inside. I feel it gives off a great handmade look and catches your eye.




The third set of photos are a way to see a bunch of different styles and the way they come packaged. What I am hoping to change most about my soaps appearance are the labels. I would really like to see more color added on all of them like I mentioned on the body butter and an overall improved professional look. I would like them all to be consistent and fun.





I have started gathering some photos on my Pinterest page of inspiring packaging. If you have any ideas and suggestions I would love to hear! http://pinterest.com/leeanaprovan/packaging/

Business Cards!

Here is an image of business cards that I had made in the past. For the future I would like to have cards that match my company. I like how these cards have a lot of color but before reading the name you don't even know what kind of company they are advertising. I would like to perhaps have my *new* logo on the front. I want to be sure that the final design looks fitting for both boys and girls since I offer products for both.


Thank you! ♥

With my packages I always like to include a thank you note. Just a little something to let you know that I care about your purchase. I have never really had a set design that I use and it is usually something pretty random. Sometimes it will go with each holiday and I will use a little snowman, pumpkin, or heart. When the holidays are not near I have used cupcakes, ice cream, different foods, and just plain paper. In the future I would like to have a consistent look that I am writing the little notes on. I like the idea of having them printed with a typed note to make them look professional and match my business look. 


**To get a closer look feel free to click on the images and have them zoomed in.**

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love the pictures of all your packaging together-especially enjoy the vintage style paper bags, very fun! It must be complicated keeping track of so many styles of packaging though. Are you thinking of a more streamlined packaging that you can use for all your different products?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad to hear that you enjoy them!

    I definitely love the vintage style bags. The soaps packaged with those designs are probably my best selling ones through both Etsy and wholesale. It is a hard choice because there are a lot of different designs to keep track of like you mentioned. But I think I would actually like to lean more towards having the majority of my products packaged uniquely like those. I am thinking if I had consistent looking logos on all of my products it would bring everything together and look more matching like a brand. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete